"Lush green Borneo is the largest island in South East Asia, and the third largest island in the world."
Situated in the South China Sea, Borneo is divided between three countries – Brunei, Malaysia and Indonesia. The majority of Borneo is owned by Indonesia, and the rest of the Indonesian peninsular lies to the south, west, and east of the island. The northern side of the island belongs to Malaysia, save for a tiny portion of the central north coast, which makes up the tiny nation of Brunei.
Indonesian Borneo comprises of the region of Kalimantan, thick with rainforest and littered with mountains. A diverse mixture of village tribes inhabit Borneo, each as exotic and intriguing as the rich natural diversity of their landscape. Malaysian Borneo covers just over a quarter of the island, and is split into two states – Sarawak to the west and Sabah to the east.
"“The capital of Kota Kinabalu is a great base for exploring the wonders of Sabah, and acts as many people’s …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Malaysian Ringgit
- Flight Time 16 hours 20 minutes from UK
- Capital Kota Kinabalu - Sabah/Kuching - Sarawak
- Best time to go March to October
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.