“Despite being the fifth most populous city in China, the city of Chengdu is charming and beautiful, retaining a laid-back vibe.”
Chengdu is the capital of the Sichuan province – the most populated province in the country – and has a population itself of over 15 million. The city is evolving every day, but the locals are refreshingly easy-going, enjoying their teahouse culture at every opportunity.
The city sits on the edge of the fertile plains of the Red Basin, essentially at the foot of the Himalayan Mountains. Ruggedly beautiful hiking spots can be reached by roughly a two hour drive in any direction. A wealth of beautiful parks and green spaces as well as an efficient rubbish collection system has left Chengdu high on the list of the most liveable cities in China, despite an influx of high rises and traffic pollution. Much of the traditional wooden architecture has had to make way for new builds, but the city’s side streets are attractive and welcoming, lined with gingko trees and hibiscus flowers.
"Discover a rare gem wrapped in history’s embrace …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Chinese Yuan
- Flight Time 10 hours 20 minutes from UK
- Capital Beijing
- Best time to go March to June
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.