“With its mist-shrouded karst peaks, fairy tale Guilin is widely considered to be one of the most picturesque towns in all of China.”
Situated on the west bank of the Li River in southern China, scenic Guilin is an incredibly popular tourist destination and a rapidly developing city. Its jagged karsts are easily spotted from anywhere around the urban area itself, giving the city a truly unique vibe.
Guilin’s beauty has been celebrated for generations by painters and poets who were enthralled by the unusual rock formations, the crystal waters, and the rolling green hills that surround the city. As Tang Dynasty poet Han Yu mused: “the river winds like a green silk ribbon, while the hills are like jade hairpins”.
"An etheral sanctuary where mountains meet the skies …"
- Time Difference GMT + 8 approx
- Currency Chinese Yuan
- Flight Time 14 hours from UK
- Capital Beijing
- Best time to go April to October
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and facebook.com/FCOtravel
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.