“Xian, the capital of the Shaanxi province, is one of the oldest cities in China, dating back to 1000BC.”
The city of Xian is one of the four great ancient capitals of China, boasting over 3000 years of history. Between 1000BC and 1000AD it served as the imperial capital for as many as 11 dynasties, up until the fall of the Tang dynasty.
Today the city is the most populous city in north-west China, and is a place people either love or hate. There’s no denying Xian’s rich history though, and the city is a must-visit for avid historians. Bordering the Wei River to the north and the Qin mountains to the south, the city lies in the centre of the Guanzhong Plain. It is the starting point to Silk Road, once one of the most important trade routes worldwide. Today the route is a popular journey with backpackers due to its impressive desert scenery and off the beaten track locale.
"Conveniently located in the commercial center, shopping and entertainment area of downtown Xi'an. …"
"Harmoniously integrating the best modern living within the ambiance of historical treasures …"
"Retreat to a 5-star luxury hotel in the very heart of Xian a museum city dotted with the historic relics …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Chinese Yuan
- Flight Time 14 hours 20 minutes from UK
- Capital Beijing
- Best time to go March to May
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.