“Snaking eastwards across the country, the mighty Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia, and the third longest in the world.”
Linking together seven provinces, the river flows down from glaciers on the QingHai-Tibet plateau in Qinshai and opens up into the South China Sea at Shanghai. Its 6400km is an iconic Chinese landmark, and many see its muddy waters as a diving line between North and South China.
The river boasts some incredible natural scenery, most notably the immense Three Gorges which were treacherous and largely unnavigable until the opening of the Three Gorges Dam in 2008. Towering limestone cliffs line the wide bends of the river, providing a stunning landscape.
"Adventure, enchantment and ‘Luxury, naturally’ - all delivered with a quiet, understated charm and understanding of place – is the …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Chinese Yuan
- Flight Time 14 hours 50 minutes from UK
- Capital Beijing
- Best time to go September to October
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and facebook.com/FCOtravel
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.