"Reaching relentlessly towards the heavens, the imposing Hong Kong skyline is one of the most impressive and recognisable skylines in the world, rendering Manhattan pale in comparison."
The mass of soaring skyscrapers stretches above the stunning Victoria Harbour, creating a wild urban jungle scene against a mountain backdrop. Hong Kong’s fusion of east meets west – British colonialism merged with 21st century China – creates a unique and fascinating destination.
Situated on the south-east coast of China, the city-state of Hong Kong encompasses four main areas – Hong Kong Island, the Kowloon Peninsula, the New Territories and the outlying islands. The north of Hong Kong Island boasts that famous skyline, screaming ambition and money. Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated areas in the world, and its over-abundance of high-rises is due to the sheer lack of sprawl space, forcing construction skyward. In contrast, to the south of the island are many wonderful beaches, including the Hawaii-esque shore of Repulse Bay.
"South of Kowloon sits Hong Kong Island, which along with the neighbouring peninsula, forms the city’s core metropolis. …"
"Defined by its crowded, concrete-lined streets and eclectic markets, Kowloon’s high-rise hub of unadulterated commercialism is a wonderfully weird world …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Hong Kong Dollar
- Flight Time 11 hours 35 minutes from UK
- Capital Hong Kong
- Best time to go September to November
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.