“Wildly mysterious and endlessly fascinating, the stratovolcanic archipelago of Japan is a country of remarkable contrasts.”
From the serene Zen gardens of Kyoto to the futuristic lights of Tokyo, Japan is at once proudly traditional and unfathomably modern.
Lying on the far eastern tip of Asia, the 6,852 islands that form Japan are almost entirely uninhabitable, covered by densely forested mountains. Despite this, the country has the third largest economy in the world, and the 10th greatest population. Its unsuitable terrain has forced the population into sprawling coastal cities that line the four main islands, leaving cities such as Tokyo and Osaka with highly dense populations.
"“Neon-topped skyscrapers and futuristic transport, Tokyo’s Blade Runner-esque skyline portrays just one side of this fascinating metropolis.” …"
"“Countless temples, cherry blossom-lined canals and tranquil Zen gardens – Kyoto is the embodiment of ancient Japan.” …"
- Time Difference GMT +9 approx
- Currency Japanese Yen
- Flight Time 11 hours 20 minutes from UK
- Capital Tokyo
- Best time to go March to May
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.