“Countless temples, cherry blossom-lined canals and tranquil Zen gardens – Kyoto is the embodiment of ancient Japan.”
Situated in central Honshu, Kyoto is the former Imperial Capital of Japan, a title it held for more than one thousand years.
The handsome city sits within the Yamashina Basin, in the eastern part of the mountainous Tamba Highlands. The basin is surrounded by mountains on three sides, adding to Kyoto’s physical beauty as it appears to be nestling in the valley, surrounded by its protective hillsides. Trees, rivers and lakes are all a part of the wonderful natural scenery in and around the city, creating a postcard-like setting.
"The Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto is located in the heart of Kyoto City, close to subways, private trains and major …"
"Enjoying a convenient central location, the Okura is a supreme space in which to spend your hours in Kyoto. …"
"Kyoto's Ritz-Carlton has been described as an international modern day luxury ryokan. …"
- Time Difference GMT +9 approx
- Currency Japanese Yen
- Flight Time 13 hours 25 minutes from UK
- Capital Tokyo
- Best time to go March to May
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.