"As you watch saffron-robed monks walking through Luang Prabang's morning mist in single file, holding their alms bowls out in front of them, you may be forgiven for thinking you had travelled back in time."
This serene tradition, named Tak Bak, takes place from 5.30am each day, and is one of the most vivid images of Laos. This ritual is one of the reasons why the spiritual town of Luang Prabang is considered by many to be the most beautiful town in South East Asia.
"Maison Souvannaphoum was the residence of the late Prince Souvannaphouma, former Prime Minister of Laos. …"
"Positioned atop a hill, with stunning mountain views, Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao is an unforgettable place to stay. …"
"Set on a large garden estate, Amantaka is housed in graceful French colonial buildings in the UNESCO protected town of …"
- Time Difference GMT +7 approx
- Currency Lao Kip
- Flight Time 17 hours 30 minutes from UK
- Capital Vientiane
- Best time to go October to April
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.