"30km off the coast of North West Malaysia, adjacent to the Thai border lies Langkawi, an archipelago of 104 islands."
Separated from mainland Malaysia by the Straits of Malacca, Langkawi is part of the state of Kedah, and is officially known as Langkawi the Jewel of Kedah. With its crystal waters, shimmering white shores and lush jungle, it’s clear to see why.
The islands are sprinkled across the Andaman Sea, and are surrounded by beaches and limestone karsts, much like the islands north of the border. However, the islands of Langkawi lack the rowdy side of life that comes attached to many of the Thai destinations.
"Home to Unesco’s World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, …"
"Designed in the style of a traditional Malay village, Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa sits along the white sandy …"
"Hemming one of Langkawi’s most beautiful beaches, the Tanjung Rhu Resort is a tranquil and romantic hideaway. …"
"The Andaman is a Luxury Collection Resort located in an idyllic tropical setting on the coast of Langkawi Island. …"
"Discover the pleasures of tranquility in the midst of luxury at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. …"
"The Danna Langkawi is a reflection of a timeless luxury vacation that nestles against a backdrop of nature's beauty. …"
"Nestled in the heart of an ancient rainforest, The Datai Langkawi is a captivating destination resort that blends smoothly with …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Malaysian Ringgit
- Flight Time 15 hours 50 minutes from UK
- Capital Kuala Lumpur
- Best time to go December to March
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.