"Penang is a popular tourist destination due to its thriving street food scene, beautiful coastline and colourful festivals.”
The state of Penang lies on the northwest coat of Malaysia, and is made up of Penang Island and Seberang Perai on the Malay Peninsula. Penang is one of the most developed states in Malaysia, and today is highly urbanised.
Multicultural Penang owes its diversity to its years as a trading port. When UNESCO established capital George Town a World Heritage Site back in 2008, the organisation stated that the town held “a unique architectural and cultural townscape without parallel anywhere in East and Southeast Asia.” A walk through Penang unveils a multitude of different influences – from traditional Malay kampungs to Anglo Indian bungalows, a whole host of eye-catching architecture illustrates the rich splendour of the region.
"Discover tropical charms in a cerulean haven at the wonderful Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La. …"
"Stroll along the beautiful shorelines of Penang in this idyllic Batu Feringghi accommodation. …"
"The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. …"
"Beneath a majestic canopy lies the jewel in Penang's crown. …"
- Time Difference GMT +8 approx
- Currency Malaysian Ringgit
- Flight Time 15 hours 10 minutes from UK
- Capital Kuala Lumpur
- Best time to go December to March
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.