"North east of Chiang Mai is the region’s quieter neighbour, Chiang Rai. Mountainous and inviting, this smaller province lies on the south bank of the Kok River, and borders with Burma and Laos."
Chiang Rai's climates are cooler than those in the south, offering ideal weather conditions for travellers embarking on hill treks. Whilst trekking, it is possible to spend the night in any of the regions temples, although a small donation is required.
"Chic and stylish, Le Méridien Chiang Rai Resort, Thailand promises an enchanting stay for any traveller or adventurer. …"
"Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort is a hilltop jungle retreat. …"
- Time Difference GMT +7 approx
- Currency Thai Baht
- Flight Time 13 hours 55 minutes from UK
- Capital Bangkok
- Best time to go November to March
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - closed
- Sunday - closed
- All of our holidays are financially protected through ATOL bonding for your protection.
- 24/7 UK emergency number for complete peace of mind.
- We are ABTA members, ensuring that we are bound by ABTA's code of conduct.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and facebook.com/FCOtravel
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.